If it is published in 2019, or a 10% discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, including the CC-BY Open Access option, if it is published in 2020 if you transfer your manuscript to Journal of the Endocrine Society (JES) after initial submission is declined by JCEM and it is accepted for publication in JES, you can claim a single-use code entitling you to a $500 discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, except for the CC-BY Open Access option. To claim a price reduction, write Antoinette P. Wrighton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post-Publication Access Policies and Funder Needs
- Articles funded by the National Institutes of wellness (NIH), Wellcome Trust, Howard Hughes health Institute (HHMI), and Canadian Institutes of Health analysis (CIHR) would be submitted to PubMed Central after last problem book and can be produced freely obtainable in year.
- You can find additional US national Agencies and personal funders that have partnerships aided by the nationwide Library of Medicine to leverage the PubMed Central infrastructure. A listing of these companies are present. For particular information about how to adhere to the policies of those funders, be sure to see their sites. Home elevators depositing a paper in PubMed Central in conformity having an access policy that is public.
- Take note that some funders (including the Wellcome Trust and Research Councils UK) might need book under an Open Access permit and payment that is subsequent of cost. Open access expenses and book fees are authorized give costs for which writers can look for reimbursement through the Wellcome Trust, analysis Councils UK, or funders running under their policies. These articles will retain the after language: “this really is an Open Access article distributed beneath the regards to the imaginative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY; imaginative commons internet site), which allows unrestricted reuse, circulation, and reproduction in just about any medium, supplied the first tasks are precisely cited.”
- When your manuscript is accepted for book, you’re going to be expected during the proof phase to verify the money way to obtain your paper also to consent to spend any relevant post-publication access costs.
- Reimbursement: Although our company is generally speaking not able to process cancellations, refunds, or returns of Open Access costs after book, writers reimbursement that is seeking contact the principle Publications Officer at email@example.com.
Manuscript Preparation Instructions and Checklist
Below is a list associated with format that is basic. To learn more, see Editorial Policies. For those who have any questions, contact the editorial staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips on General Preparation of Initial Submissions
- Read the Editorial Policies. NOTE: Endocrine Society journals enable submissions from preprints: see Preprint Repositories and Prior Publication.
- For initial submissions JUST, writers may upload a solitary pdf of all of the distribution files. However, if writers elect to upload a .doc type of their manuscript file, the machine will be able to extract most of the metadata immediately, that might speed going through the submission form that is online. Please be aware that aside from which choice authors choose, text, figures, and tables should be uploaded as split files at modification.
- Submit paper in English through the Editorial Manager system.
- Work with a double-spaced, single-column structure with 1-inch margins.
- Utilize line that is continuous through the entire manuscript. Manuscripts presented without line figures is likely to be came back.
- Paginate the document that is entire.
- Put all tables and numbers following the recommendations and obviously label each.
- Gather required information before you start the submission procedure in Editorial Manager:
- Complete names, organizations, and e-mail details for every single writer.
- Publishing authors have to provide an ORCiD when uploading a manuscript.
- Appropriate financing information for every single writer.
- Disclosure information for every writer.
- Names and e-mail details for three suggested reviewers.
- Initial manuscript number if manuscript being submitted once was refused by the log to which it really is being resubmitted.
- No resume cover letter is necessary. A text block is supplied through the distribution procedure for unique demands.
- Appropriate figure file specs as detailed into the Figure instructions have already been followed.
Tips on General Preparation of Revised Submissions
- At modification, two variations of the manuscript may be needed: (1) A marked-up copy to be properly used for editor and reviewer purposes that shows all changes built to the written text, legends, and tables with either highlighting, colored text, or tracked changes and (2) A clean, un-marked content that features all color and mark-up taken out of text, legends, and tables which will be utilized by production, when your manuscript be accepted. Both variations of the manuscript ought to be ready in and presented as MS term files.
- Take note that regardless of one content showing color or markup, the 2 copies of the manuscript should both add all revisions and stay identical. The clean content should include all revisions reflected when you look at the marked-up version, but have actually tracked modifications accepted and highlighting/colored text reverted to black and white.
- Utilize continuous line numbering throughout both the noticeable manuscript plus the manuscript document that is clean. Manuscripts presented without line figures are going to be came back.
Authorization to Reproduce or Adapt Figures/Tables
Reproduced and adapted numbers and tables are permitted just in mini-reviews. Keep in mind that the permissions staff can assist the writer with distinguishing the appropriate style of authorization to get. Whenever determining the status of a figure / dining dining table, be sure to use these definitions:
ORIGINAL: in the event that you developed a figure or dining dining table designed for the ongoing work being submitted, this is certainly an original with no permissions are expected.
REPRODUCED: in cases where a figure or dining table seems in a fresh book just as it starred in the initial book, then it’s reproduced. Authorization should be written by paper checker online the publisher and attribution into the initial source must be supplied.
ADJUSTED: If a figure or dining table is adjusted, it really is modified from the initial look yet still closely resembles the first. Authorization must certanly be provided by the publisher and attribution towards the initial supply must be supplied.
If your figure or dining dining table utilizes elements from another supply, or sources that are multiple writers have the effect of determining in the event that figure is “Adapted” or “Transformative”.
If you develop a figure or dining table that (1) includes some body else’s previously posted data or illustrative elements AND (2) their data/illustrative elements are included into the strive to illustrate comparable facts or conclusions, in that case your reproduction of the data/illustrative elements is really a derivative work (or “adaptation”). Authorization must certanly be acquired through the owner and a citation towards the work that is original be supplied in your figure/table legend.
Should your utilization of someone else’s previously posted information or illustrative elements in your figure or dining table goes past just adjusting their act as described above, in that case your usage might be “transformative.” You may not need to obtain permission, but you do need to provide a citation if you believe the work is transformative.
To be transformative, your use should include one thing uniquely not used to the root data/illustrative elements or provide an alternative function, function, or character compared to the initial work. One element to take into account is whether the work that is new compete with or as supplanting the interest in the initial. Transformative works aren’t often competitive aided by the initial work. If you believe your usage is transformative, you’ll want to look for guidance from your own appropriate institutional officers to look for the appropriate status for the numbers and tables you consist of along with your presented manuscript and offer the right language into the figure/table legend.
In the event that you determine work is “transformative” and doesn’t require authorization through the owner, you need to approve it as a result while making a clear declaration (citation) into the figure/table legend concerning the supply of the information. It is necessary that particular situations be obviously evaluated by the writers if required, the institution(s) accountable for the job submitted by the writers. Writers should always be willing to supply the editorial workplace with documents showing the first figure or table and explaining the transformative nature regarding the work that is new.