Step 1: submit an application for a Marriage Licence
2. Review recommendations on re-marrying following a divorce proceedings, if relevant.
3. Finish a married relationship licence application.
- For quicker service, apply online.
- If you should be struggling to submit the job online or like to work with a paper variation, you can easily print the shape.
4. Check out City Clerk’s workplace aided by the after:
- completed application dated with exclusive signatures (perhaps not scanned or photocopied)
- 2 items of initial and legitimate federal government issued ID for every individual using through the listing of appropriate ID (see recognition needs)
- divorce or separation paperwork, if relevant
It is possible to use without your lover, if:
- you both have actually finalized and dated the completed application (applications with scanned or photocopied signatures will never be accepted)
- you bring the required recognition for every person in the application (original ID only, we shall maybe perhaps not accept photocopies or scanned pictures)
- bring divorce that is original, if relevant
- If you fail to read or comprehend English, you need to bring your personal interpreter.
- The interpreter must provide their particular recognition.
The price of a married relationship licence is $140 (HST doesn’t apply).
The wedding licence cost is non-refundable.
Anybody avove the age of 16 yrs . old will get hitched in Ontario. If you should be under 18 years old you will require permission from your own moms and dads or appropriate guardians. a parental permission form needs to be finished. types can be found in our workplace. Your mother and father or guardians that are legal additionally be current at that time you distribute your wedding licence application.
Everybody is welcome to utilize for a wedding licence and obtain hitched in Ontario, whether you reside here forever or temporarily. There are not any sex, residency, citizenship or medical demands whenever trying to get a wedding licence. Certain requirements are identical for all.
Each individual trying to get the wedding licence must bring 2 items of appropriate federal government issued recognition (ID) through the list below.
- Recognition needs to be legitimate and initial (we’re going to maybe perhaps not accept photocopies or scanned images/documents)
- Recognition must make provision for your appropriate title and date of delivery
- Very first and final names must match regarding the two items of ID which are presenting.
- To own your center name(s) included in your wedding licence it should appear on both also items of ID.
- ID in the list could be from any nation meeting croatian singles, provided that it really is government released.
- In the event that ID just isn’t in English, a written interpretation from an avowed translator is necessary.
- Wellness cards and S.I.N. cards will never be accepted.
- Birth Certification
- Driver’s Licence
- Ontario picture Card (Purple photo ID card)
- Certification of Canadian Citizenship (Canadian Citizenship Card)
- Canadian National Refugee Travel Document
- Conditional Launch Identification Card
- United States Of America Green Card
- Native Reputation Card
- Record of Immigration Landing
- Verification of Permanent Residency
- Permanent Residency Card
- Citizenship Card
- Identification Card
- Nexus Card
- Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC)
- Possession & Acquisition Licence (PAL)
Divorced in Canada
You need to submit formal evidence of the breakup once you make an application for a wedding licence. This could be the first or perhaps a court-certified content of the:
- Final decree
- Certification of divorce or separation
An avowed content of either of the aforementioned breakup documents could be acquired through the court workplace that given the divorce proceedings. A Decree Nisi, Divorce purchase or Judgement is certainly not appropriate. All papers will undoubtedly be came back.
If you don’t understand where your breakup ended up being issued you are able to contact the Central Registry of Divorce Proceedings or 1-613-957-4519.
Divorced Outside of Canada (Foreign Divorce)
If perhaps you were divorced away from Canada, it is important to offer specific papers to show that you’re no more hitched. Any office regarding the Registrar General for the province of Ontario has to validate these documents and offer authorization to allow you to receive a married relationship licence.
The Marriage Office at 1-800-461-2156 (toll-free) or visit Service Ontario for more information, contact. Foreign breakup packages can be acquired at some of our offices.